Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Birthday.......to ME!!!!



Yes....today's the big day. The BIG day.......Today I entered the age of.....well......old age. The big 4-0.......shocking, isn't it? I am, afterall, an ageless wonder, right? Right????? I had better be hearing a humungous chorus of "RIGHT!" Truthfully, I am not feeling any different. Similiar to turning 30. I still did the usual stuff: fixed Joy breakfast. Fixed Joy breakfast, again. Fixed Joy more breakfast. Hung some Christmas decorations. Worked out. Thanked God for naptime. Ate cake. Okay. The cake isn't an every day thing. M&M's are.....shhhhhh.....don't tell. But, I digress. Really....nothing new and exciting. That was Saturday.

Kevin threw me a party. A surprise party. I was surprised. Which is a difficult thing to pull off. I may or may not be suspicious and nosey. I was 99% sure something was going on in my house. I just didn't know to what extent. Let's just say Kevin can throw a heck of a party. And be sneaky about it! Lots of people were here. Family. Friends.....new and some really old ones. Not that they are old, old (like me). But, their day is coming! Very soon!!!!! There was food. LOTS of it (in fact, anyone who's the least bit hungry......call me!). And, and this is super important.............presents!!!!! Do you know what these lovely people gave me???? Coupons. For geriatric products!!!!! Funny people.....very funny. Just you all wait until I make me some money off those things! I have bought denture cream before and I will do it again! I have no shame!

So, it's been fun this turning 40. And look at it this way.....I got a party!!!! A surprise party! I've always wanted one of those!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!

Joy took this picture....not too bad.....well, except for those sheets stacked in the background!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed it! Happy Birthday again.

    I'm thinking Joy has a career in photography ahead of her!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker