Saturday, June 5, 2010

Under construction...again











We just can't help ourselves! We are driven to rip something out and re-do it. Well....not really. At least not too often. This time we worked outside. Kevin has wanted a deck for a long, long time. Well. He got his wish. So, on Tuesday night, amidst a few choice words.....I dug up several plants. I was not happy. It was hot. It was buggy. It was muddy. And these plants have been in the ground for 6-7 years. They did not move easily. But, I did it. Insert cheesy violin music here. And, bright and early Wednesday morning work began. There were jackhammers. There were posthole diggers. It was noisy. And, at the end of the day, I had no stairs. I was, perhaps, worried. Using the buckets Kevin so lovingly provided, I managed to carry my 2 year old outside. Okay. I might have had some help. Fine. More work was done on Thursday and I was given some boards to crawl down. Today, the deck was finished! I have stairs! I have flooring! Now I need a ridiculously good sale on the perfect furniture! Oh, yeah. I also need someone (I can't imagine who) to get home and seal it. But, he's off fishing. Yeah. He needed a break. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt. As punishment for this criminal offense, I'm not posting the finished photos until tomorrow. Ha! Sorry, sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker